- 2 large shallots, peeled and chopped
- 1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 pounds large shrimp, shells and tails on
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Ginger-Soy-Lime Marinated Shrimp
Place shallots, ginger, garlic, soy, lime juice, and sugar in a blender and blend until smooth. Add the green onion and oil and blend until combined. Season with black pepper, to taste. Place shrimp in a large bowl, pour the marinade over, and let marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes.
Preheat a grill to high. Remove shrimp from the marinade and grill for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side. Serve on brown paper bags, if desired.